Who we are
We collect information about you for three reasons: firstly, to process any online orders/enquiries, secondly to provide news if you are a subscriber and thirdly to provide you with the best possible service.
Relates to any legitimate company, on which you are directly employed, authorised on behalf of or plan to start.
Relates to The General Data Protection Regulations due to come into effect on 25th of May 2018.
We will be collecting:
- Information that will help us contact you in the future like name, company name, address, phone, and email.
- And retain all personal information disclosed by you to us, we will not seek to append personal data from external sources.
- Information on engagement with the emails and SMS messages you receive from us.
- The IP address your router freely transmits to our web servers.
- Your browser user agent, as freely transmitted by your computer. This includes your browser build information, your device type and your computer’s operating system.
We will not be collecting:
- Information about browsing habits outside of our own domains
- Personal information relating to you and your private life, such as gender, age.
This data is held securely within the UK and will be used to:
- Improve the content and relevance of what we send to you,
- Help improve the content we display on our website,
- Answer any questions you may have submitted and retain this information to ensure a fast and effective service in the future,
- Provide you with the fastest access to the latest content relevant to you,
- Ensure we remain compliant under the terms of the GDPR.
WHERE DO WE STORE YOUR DATA?
We only store data within the UK in a managed secure environment. Your data will never be transmitted outside of the UK. Unless you have specifically requested us to do.
EMAIL AND SMS OPTIONS
By submitting your information into one of the data capture points on our website you are confirming the following:
- You are doing so in your capacity as a representative of the company.
- You are over 18 years of age.
- You are providing contact information and are consenting to us contacting via one or all of those channels.
Should you wish to stop receiving emails from us ‘The Company’
- You may use the unsubscribe link, which will be present within the footer of every email and SMS we send to you. Your subscription preferences will be immediately updated.
- You may write to specifically requesting your removal (addressed to: Data Controller, c/o Lake District Estates, Maudlands, 13 Maude Street, Kendal, Cumbria, LA9 4QD, your request will be actioned upon within 28 days of its receipt. You must include your name and email address for us to ensure its removal. Lake District Estates is the holding company of The Veg Patch.
Please note at this time we are unable to accept unsubscribe requests through any other means.
Due to the open nature of the internet transmitting data must only be done via approved data transmission channels. We will endeavour to ensure your data is transmitted to us using the known best practice approaches. It is important to note, any data you send to us is sent at your own risk.
Once your data is received, it will be stored within a secure data environment, where we have robust processes and procedures to keep it safe.
DISCLOSING YOUR INFORMATION
We will only pass on the personal information collected if we have a legal obligation to do so.
We will not share your information with any Third Parties.
Lake District Estates ® and The Veg patch are working hard to ensure it sets an exemplarily standard in data management and usage. Specifically, under the proposed the GDPR you have the right to request the following:
- The right to be informed
- The right of access
- The right to rectification
- The right to erasure (or be forgotten)
- The right to restrict processing
- The right to data portability
- The right to object
- Rights in relation to automatic decision making and profiling
For more information on GDPR and your rights please see
If you have questions concerning the processing of your personal data you should contact Data Controller, Lake District Estates, Maudlands, 13 Maude Street, Kendal, Cumbria, LA9 4QD, email: firstname.lastname@example.org or telephone 01539 721626
In the event that you have not received a response within 30 days you have the right to contact The ICO, Wycliffe House, Water Lane, Wilmslow, SK9 5AF, Email: https://ico.org.uk/global/contact-us/email or telephone: 0303 123 1113.
Please ensure you have verified the privacy policies on any external websites before submitting personal information.
Company Registration Number: 346 999 | VAT Number: GB 156 5145 64